RESPECT & Safeguarding
We’re backing Play Safe
Camberley Town Youth F.C. is lending its full support to Play Safe – a national FA-led campaign to raise awareness of the importance of safeguarding in football. Play Safe is being run in partnership with the NSPCC and has the full backing of the Premier League, EFL, Barclays FA Women’s Super League and the FA Women’s Championship. It’s also supported and being run across every other level of the game. The main element of Play Safe is to let parents/carers and children themselves know what to do if they feel unsafe or worried, because nothing matters more than making sure football is safe for everyone, especially children and young people. Together, we want to do everything we can so everyone – particularly children and young people – has a consistently positive experience of our great game.
Whilst the return to normal is an exciting time for all, we appreciate that it's not been easy and as a Club, we want to support all our players, coaches and teams as best we can. While many families have coped well during COVID, others may not have and for some children the experience will have been very difficult.
It’s important you know that some children may be struggling for various reasons, including:
• Lacking confidence, as they've had less time playing football;
• Being confused and stressed about how to behave because of changes to the rules;
• They or someone they care about may have been affected by COVID;
• They may still be grieving because someone they love has died;
• Changes in family situations and/or education;
• They may have been neglected emotionally and/or physically – through lack of food and/or care;
• Children with learning disabilities may find it particularly confusing, as their routine has changed.
Now more than ever, your role in safeguarding as a coach or parent is massively important. Do lean on the CWOs in the club for advice if you are concerned or worried about any child in your team or need additional support.